Due to developments of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), Curing Hands is taking measures to reduce the risk of exposure.
If you, or a family member, have:
- travelled outside of Canada, OR
- have been in contact with a person at risk, OR
- have developed symptoms (see below) of novel coronavirus infection
… THEN WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE YOU IN OUR OFFICE UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN SYMPTOM-FREE FOR 14 DAYS FOLLOWING YOUR RETURN HOME.
For those affected, please contact our office to reschedule your appointment.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. However, this measure is being taken in order to ensure the health and safety of all of our patients and to prevent the spread of the virus.
Your understanding & cooperation is imperative.
Symptoms range from common to severe respiratory illnesses and include:
- difficulty breathing
There are no specific treatments for coronaviruses, and there is no vaccine that protects against coronaviruses. Most people with common human coronavirus illness will recover on their own.
Human coronaviruses typically spread from an infected person to others via:
- the air by coughing and sneezing
- close personal contact such as touching or shaking hands
- touching an object or surface with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose or eyes before you wash your hands
For further and up-to-date information about the COVID-19 virus outbreak, visit the Toronto Public Health and Ontario Ministry of Health information sites.